Page 1 of 1 (1 results found)
33 units reserved in Centuria, Wisconsin yesterday. Reserve now to secure your unit.
Most Common Types of Car Storage
Indoor storage - Much like traditional self-storage, indoor storage units are the safest, most secure option for your vehicle, however because of that they are also the most expensive. Prices do vary by size, and some small cars/motorcycles can fit in a 10x10 or 10x15 unit, but your average size automobile will require a 10x20 unit.
Outdoor storage - Outdoor storage ranges from an unpaved lot to a dedicated parking spot on the facility grounds. Typically these spots are uncovered, however some outdoor options do have canopies you can park under. These spots will cost more than their uncovered counterpart, but they are still a much cheaper option than indoor vehicle storage.
Tips on How to Store a Car at a Storage Facility
- Measure your car before you rent your unit to make sure you choose the right size
- Give it a good cleaning before placing the vehicle in storage
- Change the motor oil
- Inflate the tires
- Purchase fuel stabilizer
- Once in storage, disconnect the battery
- Don’t use a parking brake
- Always keep your vehicle covered with a car cover