Search Cheap Self Storage Units in
Clinton, IA • 1 - 4 of 4 Storage Facilities
Clinton, IA Storage Information
Most Common Types of RV Storage in Clinton, IA
Covered RV Storage in Clinton
While it's usually the more expensive option, covered RV storage is the safest, most secure way to store your camper or trailer in Clinton. In most cases, covered storage is simply a parking spot with a roof, however some facilities offer an indoor RV storage option, sometimes referred to as enclosed storage. This type of RV storage is an over-sized version of a traditional storage unit with drive-up access of course.
Uncovered RV Storage Clinton
This RV storage option is basically an open parking space on the storage facility's property, and is the least expensive option for RV storage. Some RV storage facilities in Clinton do have paved parking areas specifically for trailers and campers, but either way your RV will be outdoors and exposed to the elements. If you opt for this storage type we recommend purchasing a good RV cover.
Tips For Storing a RV and Trailer in Clinton, IA
- Measure your RV before you rent your unit to make sure you choose the right size
- Give the camper a good cleaning before placing it in storage
- Apply a coat of wax
- Change the motor oil
- Flush out the waste tanks
- Purchase fuel stabilizer
- Inflate the tires
- Unload everything from your trailer
- Make sure the slide-outs are retracted
- Once in storage, disconnect the battery
- Make sure light can get into the RV
- If possible, leave the vents open
Read our full list of RV storage tips for more details.