Search Cheap Self Storage Units in
Atchison, KS • 1 - 3 of 3 Storage Facilities
Atchison, KS Storage Information
Most Common Types of Boat Storage in Atchison, KS
Indoor Boat Storage in Atchison
Indoor storage units are the safest, most secure option for any watercraft in Atchison, however because of that they are also the most expensive. Prices do vary by size, and some small boats/jet skis can fit in a 10x10 or 10x15 unit, but your average size vessel will likely require a 10x20 unit.
Outdoor Boat Storage in Atchison
Outdoor storage is essentially just an open area at the facility's property where you can park your boat. It's the least expensive option and some facilities in Atchison do offer both covered and uncovered parking spots, however we advise against using outdoor storage if you live in an area that's prone to violent weather.
Tips on How to Store a Boat at a Storage Facility in Atchison, KS
- Measure your vessel before you rent your unit to make sure you choose the right size
- Give it a good cleaning before placing your boat in storage
- Drain all the water and make sure it's is dry
- Apply a coat of wax
- Change the engine oil
- Once in storage, loosen the drive belts
- Purchase a cover to keep your watercraft better protected
Read our resource on the best way to store a boat for more details.